Posted: 27 July, 2016
No game has exploded in popularity quite like Pokémon Go. Since its release, players have been exploring their local areas on the hunt for their very own pocket monsters, making friends and getting fit thanks to the app. If you're playing, here are some tips to keep you safe while you're out on the hunt for that Pikachu.
This guide is brought to you by BoomEssays.com Essay Writing Service.
1. Focus on the road: Don't play and drive, no Pokémon is worth getting into a car accident for.
2. Be aware of your surroundings: Make sure you play in well lit areas, where others can see you.
3. Think before entering an area: Not everywhere is an appropriate spot to play, try not to enter cemeteries or historical buildings.
4. Remember your data allowance: GPS will take up a lot of your data, keep track of how much you're using to avoid unexpected charges.
5. Be aware of criminals: It's rare, but some criminals are taking advantage of Pokémon Go to lure in victims. Travel in groups and make sure someone knows where you're going.
6. Don't trespass on property: Even if there's a Snorlax in there, don't break into property just to catch them.
7. Pokémon aren't an emergency: Don't call 911 or other emergency services about the game, as it's impacting services to emergencies.
8. Take some supplies: Take some food and water if you're setting out on a long walk.
9. Pay attention to your belongings: Not keeping an eye on your belongings makes you an easy target for thieves.
10. Decide how much you'll spend: Before playing, make a budget on how much you'll spend in game, and stick to it.
11. Don't stare at your phone when traveling: You're a danger to those around you if you're not paying attention. Your phone will buzz when needed.
12. Play with friends: There's safety in numbers, and you'll be less of a target to unwanted strangers.
Keep these tips in mind, and you'll be safe and sound when you're out trying to catch them all!
Check them to proceed.Return to the log in page
You can use your new password to log in to your account.Return to the login page